Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 plated bullets in a Glock?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evan Posted - February 25 2017 : 8:28:38 PM
if it ok to reload ammo using plated lead bullets in a Glock?
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jim Higginbotham Posted - September 13 2017 : 4:38:38 PM
One of my students shoots a lot, especially 9mm in Glocks.

He mostly used plated bullets (with no problems) but he did try a couple thousand of the polymer coated bullets with no problems other than they were not as accurate as the heavy plated bullets.

Jim
Evan Posted - September 07 2017 : 12:18:58 PM
Thanks
.22lr Posted - September 06 2017 : 8:44:45 PM
Sir,
For what it's worth, I have been running epoxy coated bullets in my Glock 26 (sample size of 1) with good results. Bayoubullets is my perfered provider.
I have also run the 9mm loads in a S&W99, quite a few .44 magnum in a 629, and too many to count in .38spl loads out of a GP100. I have found the epoxy coated bullets to be comperable to cast bullets, exhibit NO leading, and produce little to mo smoking.

V/R,

Matt
Evan Posted - August 05 2017 : 12:33:38 PM
Thanks. In the future I'll just buy plated bullets so I can shoot them in both!
Nobby42d Posted - August 05 2017 : 01:57:02 AM
Have shot tons of Xtreme plated bullets in all my pistols,including Glocks. Xtreme recommends using jacketed bullet data, such as from Speer Manual. Plating protects the bore from lead. Have used Berry Bullets as well as some other plated. Velocity is very similar to jacketed bullets with chrono'd handloads, but, I suspect, with less pressure.
zeke Posted - April 29 2017 : 05:33:45 AM
Shooting rainer 155's through .40 KT 2000 at 1300 fps fouled up the barrel pretty good. Am usually sticking to plated/jacketed in 40 S&W.
Frogfoot Posted - April 28 2017 : 11:51:34 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Rainier's literature says to keep the bullet speeds at 1500fps or lower with their and Berry's says to keep theirs at 1250fps or lower.
Evan Posted - February 26 2017 : 09:19:07 AM
thanks, again. I've a pile of lead bullets in .40 that I'm sure will be fine in the collapsible clown but not in the G22.
Chris Christian Posted - February 26 2017 : 08:41:28 AM
Xtreme Bullets offers a heavy plated version. I have used them with excellent success. A key to accuracy with plated bullets is to use lead bullet loading data and not over crimp. Too heavy a crimp can damage the plating and lead to flaking. A moderate taper crimp is all that's needed.
Russ Larges Posted - February 26 2017 : 07:38:51 AM
I have been shooting plated bullets in 9mm Glocks for years with no trouble. You do want to keep velocity in the mid to upper cast bullet speeds, at least that is what is recommended. I have had some trouble with Rainier bullets when I pushed them to fast, keyholes at ten yards, but when I slowed them down they worked well.
Russ
ASCTLC Posted - February 26 2017 : 07:26:02 AM
I shot plated in my G19 for years too Evan. No issues at all.
jle3030 Posted - February 26 2017 : 05:53:35 AM
This is off he top of my head and subject to correction. The article I read said to use the lead bullet reloading data; not jacketed. Also, over a certain velocity, the plating starts to flake/break down. I THINK it said to hold the velocity to 1000 fps or less, but you should probably fact check that. That was general information. I don't recall that Glocks were specifically mentioned.

I've had good success in .45 ACP 1911's

Jeff
Malcolm Posted - February 25 2017 : 9:59:27 PM
I've been doing it for years.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.53seconds. Snitz Forums 2000