Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Pistol Grip

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Pop Pop Posted - February 19 2017 : 4:50:29 PM
I have 2 Glock pistols. On is a gen 3 mdl 19, 9MM and the other a gen 1 Mdl 23 40 cal. Both grips are too large for my hand. I can shoot them both well, but they are not comfortable. Does anyone know who can do a grip reduction, are they advised, and how much does it cost?
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfgang2000 Posted - February 22 2017 : 2:20:20 PM
Has anyone looked into the Timber Wolf frame? Lone wolf dist. markets them. From appearances it looks like the address the problems being talked about.
Charlie Foxtrot Posted - February 22 2017 : 12:49:45 PM
Pop Pop, not sure if you saw this, but a recent thread here mentioned a Glock grip reduction. See PBSODetective's post towards the bottom of the thread for the name of the business. http://www.stoppingpower.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28205
Pop Pop Posted - February 22 2017 : 11:14:55 AM
Thanks for the name jamtmiller.
jamtmiller Posted - February 21 2017 : 12:27:52 AM
I also have small hands. I have used Robar to reduce the grip size and angle. I now can carry my Glock 30 with ease. The current cost of this upgrade is approximately $200.00.

I have seen other sites that advertise this reduction from $150.00 on up.

I hope this helps.
Pop Pop Posted - February 20 2017 : 7:52:53 PM
I am not having problems with trigger reach. My problem is the grips are too fat and I don't have a full rap-around hold with my strong side shooting hand. thanks for the info as I was intending on getting the reduction on both at the same time. I will do one at a time now.
ASCTLC Posted - February 20 2017 : 09:35:02 AM
As you may have noticed with my recent post, I am dealing with grip size for my small hands. I have a G19 already so I started considering a grip reduction whether it be DIY style (epoxy fill and file or heat and push in) or send in to a reputable smith.

Here's why I haven't moved forward with it (yet?): all I seem to identify is palm swell reduction and the grip angle change it affects. Fine for those who don't like the swell or angle of a Glock but I'm not yet been able to actually identify a reduction of trigger reach through these methods. My problem is my inability to get enough finger pad on the trigger to facilitate a more comfortable reach and trigger pull than pushing the side of the trigger for a left of center shot (I shoot right handed). The only way I get enough reach compromises my grip with recoil on thumb knuckle instead of web between my thumb/index finger and more in line with my radius bone.

I can't say I've finalized my thought to just give up on a 4th Gen G19 ever fitting correctly. I continue to investigate when I have time hoping I can find something that convinces me this can improve trigger reach and not just grip angle and lower grip palm swell reduction. If anyone finds any info that deals with the upper grip where the thumb web to trigger reach is reduced I'd be grateful to hear about it as that's the primary issue may of us little hand people have with a Glock.

Pop Pop, if you shoot them well, have sufficient trigger reach, and simple don't find comfort with them, the grip reductions I've seen may be a solution that works for you. I only post the above to hopefully give you thought to what questions you might want to think about/ask in your pursuit to considering having this done. I hope you get further along than I have in learning what exactly these mods will, and more importantly NOT, affect.
Vanman Posted - February 19 2017 : 8:00:43 PM
There are several DIY videos on YouTube.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.48seconds. Snitz Forums 2000