Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Gen2 Trigger Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
esq_stu Posted - November 07 2016 : 07:03:15 AM
I recently acquired a Glock 19 Gen 2 in a trade. I noticed that the trigger was much stiffer than my other two Gen3 Glock 19 triggers. The gun seems to have been used very little.

Was the Gen2 known to have a stiffer trigger than subsequent models? I have never done any trigger work on Glocks. Assuming that it's just a fact that Gen2s are different, it it just a matter of changing a spring or does something more need to be done to make it feel more like a Gen 3? (That is the trigger I am used to and practice with.)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nobby42d Posted - January 25 2017 : 01:05:41 AM
If it doesn't have the NY T-Spring, and it doesn't have the plus connector, you might want to verify that the trigger bar is correct. The Pre-EH Serial# trigger bar is correct for most or maybe all Gen 2's.
If you go to Midway to order a TBar, you'll see Pre-EH Serial Number, Grooved Trigger for the Glock 19. And you'll see Glock 19 Trigger bars. The latter won't work properly in the Gen 2.
If, say, the previous owner ordered a Glock 17 smooth trigger to install in the G19 and didn't order the Pre EH serial# trigger bar, that would cause issues.

wolfgang2000 Posted - November 08 2016 : 1:53:41 PM
My Dept. required the + trigger bar. That gave our Gen 2's a 8 to 8 1/2 pound trigger pull. Upon retirement I replaced the original trigger bars.
pochis Posted - November 07 2016 : 8:37:12 PM
a drop of oil in there and shoot some more may help, one of mine was like you described and the oil and shooting help a lot.
esq_stu Posted - November 07 2016 : 5:54:01 PM
Ordered a "standard" factory connector and spring. I just prefer to have all my Glocks be the standard 5 or so pounds, both because all my practice is on that type trigger and because that's the way it comes. That little voice in my head keeps saying if it ain't "broke" (in other words, ain't non-standard and is ain't in safe) don't fix it.
gw Posted - November 07 2016 : 10:25:31 AM
if it was a police trade in it might well have a NY trigger spring in it.

I got a NY1 spring with a minus connector in a G34 it's a good setup. snappy reset, not quiet as light as a stock spring but feels a bit crisper too me.

I put it in the G34 because it comes with the minus connector and I found it too light to carry. The NY1 spring was cheaper at 4 bucks than a different connector and increased pull weight about 1.5 lbs.
jle3030 Posted - November 07 2016 : 07:35:04 AM
My first guess would be that the previous owner installed a New York trigger spring and lived with (may have preferred the "safer") approximately 8# pull. If that's it the remedy would be to either go back to an original coil spring or switch out to a "minus" connector. Either way is an easy fix.

Jeff

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.19seconds. Snitz Forums 2000