Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 glock G-26 ammo and holster s for women?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dennis strapon Posted - October 19 2016 : 2:57:17 PM
My sister in law and niece have applied for their CCW's. They are considering the G-26. What do you think may be a good SD load in those shorter barrels? I use BPLE. GD +P124 gr HST +P 124 or GD 115 +P+ load in my G-17.These gals do not have any handgun experience. Also any suggestions on the holsters? They don't often use a belt, and I don't care for the idea of The Purse type of carry, In case the purse is stolen from them. Thanks for any suggestions. I am leaning towards the Federal HST +p124 load for them. Thanks , Dennis.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
wolfgang2000 Posted - October 28 2016 : 1:30:34 PM
Her shoulder holster is a Bianchi scorpio rig. It started our for a revolver, and then later the Glock 19. And that is "still her Glock".
Dov Posted - October 27 2016 : 9:20:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by wolfgang2000

Over the years I've learn one thing bout guns and women. Let them shoot it before you buy it.

I don't have enough fingers to count the gun I bought for my wife, only to have her shoot it and tell me " I don't want that".

It was in the middle 90's when we decided that the Glock 19 would be our duty/SD guns. I like the G26 and carried one as my BUG when I was in uniform. Several times I tried to buy one for my wife. Her reply has always been "I have my Glock". Because of her age I plan on broaching the subject again, but I don't hold out much hope for a change.

Holsters fall into that category also. I've never seen her happy with a waist holster other than a open carry duty belt. The only conceal carry she has ever used has been a shoulder holster. Other than that she has always be purse carry. Her gun purses all have access to the gun from the outside of the purse, and a strap that can go cross body. With the strap over her head, cross body, the draw is similar to a shoulder holster.

I haven't researched this subject in a while. I'm sure that with the addition to tons of women into the shooting family there is also a up swing in the "for women by women" accessories market.

What shoulder holster(s) has she liked? This is for G19 correct?
Chris Christian Posted - October 27 2016 : 3:44:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver

Hello Dennis,

One of the outstanding features of the G26 is that it handles like a bigger gun than it is. In my own experience, it offers a better recoil experience than the larger Gen3 G19.

I bring this up to point out that anything the ladies would be comfortable shooting in the G19 will work equally well for them in the G26.

I personally shoot a lot of 9BP and 9BPLE in mine, and find them both manageable.

Regarding holsters, I'd like to suggest looking at a belly band--Crossbreed makes a good one that incorporates a decent holster. The neat thing about the belly band holster is that it works without a belt, which is good, because many womens pants/skirts are designed so that they're incompatible with the sturdy belts required for CCW. The belly band works well with many styles of shirts and blouses as well. It's an underrated system for women.

Mike

+1! A belly band rig is an excellent choice for females whose fashion sense does not allow a belt holster. When worn below the bust line across the front of the stomach it is completely concealed by the bust line. It's just a matter of wardrobe allowing access to it, but it's an excellent choice for females to keep a gun on the body... and not in the first thing (purse) a BG will grab.
Chris Christian Posted - October 27 2016 : 3:39:16 PM
Federal just introduced a "Micro" 9mm HST load for short barreled 9s.
It uses a 150 grain HST bullet at what they say is about 950 fps. I shot one into water from my M&P 9c and it expanded to about .64... with softer recoil than the +P loads I use.

Just a thought for the recoil sensitive. Or, as Evan says, you can always go to Federal 115 9bp. I just wouldn't hand a new shooter +P 9mm in a G26. It may create flinching problems.
wolfgang2000 Posted - October 27 2016 : 1:33:36 PM
Over the years I've learn one thing bout guns and women. Let them shoot it before you buy it.

I don't have enough fingers to count the gun I bought for my wife, only to have her shoot it and tell me " I don't want that".

It was in the middle 90's when we decided that the Glock 19 would be our duty/SD guns. I like the G26 and carried one as my BUG when I was in uniform. Several times I tried to buy one for my wife. Her reply has always been "I have my Glock". Because of her age I plan on broaching the subject again, but I don't hold out much hope for a change.

Holsters fall into that category also. I've never seen her happy with a waist holster other than a open carry duty belt. The only conceal carry she has ever used has been a shoulder holster. Other than that she has always purse carry. Her gun purses all have access to the gun from the outside of the purse, and a strap that can go cross body. With the strap over her head, cross body, the draw is similar to a shoulder holster.

I haven't researched this subject in a while. I'm sure that with the addition to tons of women into the shooting family there is also a up swing in the "for women by women" accessories market.

Ten Driver Posted - October 27 2016 : 12:58:31 AM
Hello Dennis,

One of the outstanding features of the G26 is that it handles like a bigger gun than it is. In my own experience, it offers a better recoil experience than the larger Gen3 G19.

I bring this up to point out that anything the ladies would be comfortable shooting in the G19 will work equally well for them in the G26.

I personally shoot a lot of 9BP and 9BPLE in mine, and find them both manageable.

Regarding holsters, I'd like to suggest looking at a belly band--Crossbreed makes a good one that incorporates a decent holster. The neat thing about the belly band holster is that it works without a belt, which is good, because many womens pants/skirts are designed so that they're incompatible with the sturdy belts required for CCW. The belly band works well with many styles of shirts and blouses as well. It's an underrated system for women.

Mike
heavyweight Posted - October 20 2016 : 07:56:02 AM
Hard to go wrong with HST in either +P or std.
Malcolm Posted - October 20 2016 : 04:26:37 AM
There are loads of good paddle holsters out for the 26, (which Indo carry as my EDC), and I use 115 grain Federal jhps, either the standard pressure or the +p+ load, both of which I have in abundance.
Dov Posted - October 20 2016 : 02:12:29 AM
My significant other has both a Glock 26 and a Glock 19, she picked Speer's +P 124 GDHP (the NYPD load) for both guns, pretty sure Chuck's mentioned somewhere that his department had good results with that load in G26's.

Many (most?) women have difficulty with concealed strong side carry behind the hip, because of their shorter torsos and wider hips they get hit in the ribs when they sit etc.

We still haven't found a good belt holster for concealment after many years for her, least bad one works fine if she isn't going to be sitting or driving, but is out right painful if she has to sit.

Generally she only uses that holster for morning or evening walks (exercise), most of the time for general CCW she's stuck with a quality fanny pack as least bad choice.

We got her a LCP and pocket holster this year for her to evaluate, also planning on Ankle holster for her Glock 26.

Idea is for her to carry both guns, LCP in pocket as quickly accessible while standing, while Glock 26 on ankle will be readily accessible while sitting/driving.

We haven't had chance to put rounds through LCP yet, because of health issues, as well as family members being in hospital.

She's tested carrying the LCP a fair bit and is satisfied with that aspect, so as long as shooting it is satisfactory she should be good to go.

I normally pocket carry a pair of Glock 26's in Kramer Pocket holsters and I've used either the BPLE load you mention or Corbon 115 though I'm seriously considering switching to the Speer 124 GDHP +P when I eventually get a Glock 34.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.16seconds. Snitz Forums 2000