Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Glock Armorer's Class ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uncle Mike Posted - April 28 2016 : 11:55:42 AM
Hi, anyone take this class? It's being offered in my area, regards, Mike
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gerald Posted - November 29 2016 : 9:31:59 PM
How Difficult would it be for someone with limited use of the left hand to attend a class. I can rack slides ,change mags and force my hands into a shaky weaver or turret but that's about it for the left hand. Never got much use back after my accident, unlike many of the adult children in the world now I realize there are some things were everyone doesn't get a trophy and I'm cool with that but curious about this course.
wolfgang2000 Posted - November 14 2016 : 3:39:41 PM
When we decided that the Glock was going to be my wife's and I duty/SD guns, I went to the armors class. I did 1 or 2 retainers prior to retirement. I was happy I went each time.

Since the Gen 4 is somewhat different, if they have one locally I might go.
BucketBack Posted - November 14 2016 : 08:19:01 AM
I just download the Glock Armorers manual from Steve's Pages
Uncle Mike Posted - May 03 2016 : 08:21:11 AM
Hi JMAC and jamtmiller, thanks, sounds good, regards, Mike
JMAC Posted - May 03 2016 : 07:13:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Mike

quote:
Originally posted by JMAC

Just got re-certified six months ago. Good class, also gave you some insight on what's happening at the factory, and what may be coming down the pike.

Hi JMAC, do you have to bring any tools, apron, pistol etc.? regards, Mike

Nope, they have everything there. You will be working on their guns, and they are clean. They will send you home with a couple of goodies. You can order stuff there also.
jamtmiller Posted - May 03 2016 : 12:26:07 AM
I took this class earlier this year and it was a great class. The class instructors supplied the tools and the firearm. You receive a small parts tray and a Glock tool for take down. You also receive a printed Glock Armorer's Manual as a reference tool.
Uncle Mike Posted - May 02 2016 : 2:44:09 PM
quote:
Originally posted by JMAC

Just got re-certified six months ago. Good class, also gave you some insight on what's happening at the factory, and what may be coming down the pike.

Hi JMAC, do you have to bring any tools, apron, pistol etc.? regards, Mike
JMAC Posted - May 02 2016 : 11:22:50 AM
Jim Higginbotham Posted - May 01 2016 : 10:22:02 AM
I'm afraid I walked out on the last one.

Don't take any real angst or criticism in that, I purposely wore a revolver so that I would not have any ammo that fit in any Glock but they insisted that no one in the room have any sort of ammo on them (everyone in the class was a police officer). I took them at their word and I wasn't going to lie to the instructor.

I decided I just could not live with that - the decision is all on me, the instructor was quite cordial and I'm sure knowledgeable and I even understand that they don't want ammo near Glocks since there have been so many negligent discharges in the class...but I cannot live with being disarmed (with rare exceptions like having an MRI)...just me. No harm no foul. I wish them well.

I've taken armorers courses from several other manufacturers - I have never been asked to disarm in any of them. I have been asked to pay attention and not have any ammo the caliber of the guns were were working on out on the table.

If a person doesn't mind being weaponless I imagine it is a good course.

Jim
wolfgang2000 Posted - April 28 2016 : 12:05:09 PM
It's been 15 years ago since my last one. I found it worth wile.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.17seconds. Snitz Forums 2000