Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 The 1911
 Colt Talo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bill D Posted - March 30 2016 : 03:06:38 AM
Anyone have any thoughts or experience with the Colt 1911/.45ACP Sub-Compact Talo version? From what I've read it is a light version of the New Agent.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bill D Posted - April 02 2016 : 1:03:22 PM
Thanks Uncle Mike...Especially the weight with wood grips, which I like....My birthday is next month and my wife says I should take my IRA money and get what I want, course being a gun nut, like now, but I'll have to cool my jets and wait...Bill
Uncle Mike Posted - April 02 2016 : 08:47:40 AM
Hi Bill, I put my Defender on my postal scale with an empty magazine and wood grips not the rubber they came with......25.2oz,(1 lbs 9.2 oz ),regards, Mike
Bill D Posted - April 02 2016 : 05:11:35 AM
Thanks Mike. I have three 1911's all 45acp but non small. Been carrying a 9mm full size pistol but have suffered a physical problem, back operation and am stuck in a wheelchair and walker use, want to carry a 45 for close in defense so looking for a light, small 1911. Read an ad showing the "Talo" as the lightest small 1911, with a carbon slide. Since writing this question have found a light S&W, but I guess I'm partial to Colts. Thanks again for the reply....Bill
Uncle Mike Posted - April 01 2016 : 09:44:33 AM
Hi Bill, I have had a Colt Defender since they first came out. I like it a lot and if your looking for a 1911 or a single action carry pistol I highly recommend it. My pistol is very accurate and I never had a problem with it. I also had a Colt New Agent but didn't think I saved size wise. I didn't care for the lack of sights. I realized it was made for close range but the lack of sights was a handicap. It has a gutter and by indexing you can hit what you "point " at. I sold it and went to the Defender which is a upgraded/improved Officers model, regards, Mike
Bill D Posted - April 01 2016 : 04:20:58 AM
Found out "Talo" is a distributor of firearms and Colt made special versions of pistols called Talo versions. Very confusing trying to find a small 1911 in .45.acp, Seems the published weight figures are all over the board. Bill

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000