Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Aftermarket sights for G17

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PJS Posted - October 20 2015 : 11:08:58 AM
What can you recommend that is sturdy. How about gold bead frint sights?
25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Russ Larges Posted - November 16 2016 : 8:14:58 PM
quote:
Originally posted by gw

quote:
Originally posted by Russ Larges

I have a G 19 bought in 04 it was a range gun. I put a fiber optic front sight on it and left the rear as issue. No problems with the plastic rear in many thousand rounds. I am looking to replace the night sights on my police trade in mod. 17, not sure with what yet, I do like Dave S. sights.
Russ

If you start doing much training manipulating the slide one handed by hooking the rear sight on a belt, pocket, hard table edge, etc. you'll break a bunch of Glock plastic rear sights. Better replace those first.

You vary well maybe right, I have never tried any of that stuff.
Russ
wolfgang2000 Posted - November 16 2016 : 1:46:31 PM
I have Meprolight True Dots on all my Glocks. They are getting dim after 15+ years, but the are still good sights.
gw Posted - November 15 2016 : 8:21:54 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Russ Larges

I have a G 19 bought in 04 it was a range gun. I put a fiber optic front sight on it and left the rear as issue. No problems with the plastic rear in many thousand rounds. I am looking to replace the night sights on my police trade in mod. 17, not sure with what yet, I do like Dave S. sights.
Russ

If you start doing much training manipulating the slide one handed by hooking the rear sight on a belt, pocket, hard table edge, etc. you'll break a bunch of Glock plastic rear sights. Better replace those first.
Russ Larges Posted - November 15 2016 : 7:48:55 PM
Russ
Evan Posted - November 14 2016 : 2:22:42 PM
Funny. as both my SIG P250 and P320 came with Trijicon night sights. Plastic sights on a pistol touted for self defense
BucketBack Posted - November 14 2016 : 08:17:28 AM
I have Trijicon HD Night Sites with Orange Outline Front
GhostMaker Posted - September 10 2016 : 11:54:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by TheQuietMan

Warren Tactical Sights.

I have to agree with the Warren Tactical recommendation. I had a set installed one of my Glock 19's and it has proven excellent. Not only are the exceptionally rugged, they are also very easy to pick up and track........even for someone old enough to have developed what I call "Mature Vision".
Slim40 Posted - February 29 2016 : 10:32:49 PM
Dov, I've changed sights on two Glocks now. One with Novak's on a G22 and one with the Ameriglo's mentioned above on a G17. Both shot spot on elevation wise and needed only slight drifting of the rear for windage. There was only one height available in either and they worked fine. Maybe I just got lucky or something...
Nobby42d Posted - February 25 2016 : 12:24:08 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PJS

whats the advantage of the "U" shaped rear sight notch?

I believe the deep U notch exposes more of the front post quicker for faster sight picture. It's the bright photoelectric dot on the HD Trijicons that really make them shine. I have these sights on several Glocks and SIG's. Every set is zeroed for elevation. Close enough for me, anyway. Orange is good, but Yellow is better for a wider range of conditions, I believe--even if the "yellow" looks kinda green.
gw Posted - February 22 2016 : 9:54:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Dov

quote:
Originally posted by gw

go to Glock's web site, they sell steel replacement sets front and back for $20 +shipping.

15 minute change at home if you're handy at all.

If you swap sights on Glock are they usually close to previous ones?

Will getting new ones zeroed just be fine tuning, or are they likely to be way off?

I've been thinking of getting tool(s) for swapping Glock sights, night sights on the first Glock 26 I got are getting dim. Plus between me & gf we have 5 or 6 Glocks.

You'll want the proper size sights for the caliper/model Glock you're changing sights on.

Also a front sight tool would be handy.

I don't have one or a rear sight pusher, just basic hand tools.

Tools and recommended sight height info is available on the Glock web page.

Only you know your skill level with hand tools.

Dov Posted - February 22 2016 : 9:14:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by gw

go to Glock's web site, they sell steel replacement sets front and back for $20 +shipping.

15 minute change at home if you're handy at all.

If you swap sights on Glock are they usually close to previous ones?

Will getting new ones zeroed just be fine tuning, or are they likely to be way off?

I've been thinking of getting tool(s) for swapping Glock sights, night sights on the first Glock 26 I got are getting dim. Plus between me & gf we have 5 or 6 Glocks.
dennis strapon Posted - February 22 2016 : 12:13:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Malcolm

I have Tru-Glo tritium fiber optic sights (front and rear)on ALL my Glock pistols. Love them and have never looked back,(they are rugged) or, take gw's suggestion. Either way is a great way to go.

+1 on the tru=glow tritium sights.
FORT CHAFFEE Posted - February 13 2016 : 11:29:29 AM
+1 to Slim 40 post. I have the Hackathorn's on most of my Glocks and love them. Ken had the idea for people over 40 that need a little help. I also like the idea Dave Spaulding had with his Ameriglo CAP sights. I have not shot the CAP sights but may put a set on a Glock to see how they work.
Slim40 Posted - February 13 2016 : 12:31:22 AM
I recently bought and installed a set of Ken Hackathorn designed sights made by Ameriglo. Great sights! The front has a large dayglo orange dot with a green tritium insert. The rear is serrated black. The rear sight notch is wider than most so you get a good deal of light on each side of the front post. Very fast sight aquisition but might not be the best for bullseye...

I would recommend these, around $70 from Brownells.
TheQuietMan Posted - November 17 2015 : 4:39:16 PM
Warren Tactical Sights.
PJS Posted - November 17 2015 : 04:17:10 AM
whats the advantage of the "U" shaped rear sight notch?
Chuck Posted - October 25 2015 : 10:22:23 AM
I am also a fan of the Ameriglo sights, I like the orange outline/tritium front with the "Pro Operator" rear sights.

The CAP sights are good as well.
Nobby42d Posted - October 24 2015 : 03:04:47 AM
Trijicon HD Night Sights. Great big orange or yellow dot with bright tritium. Even my eyes can pick them up. Large post,deep rear U shaped notch.
TIP: I find yellow a little better for more light conditions, but I have and use both. Have them on all my Glocks and all the Sigs that I'd carry.
bandaidman Posted - October 23 2015 : 12:34:39 AM
Didn't Spaulding also contribute on ATS sights also? I put a set on my 45 XD and I really like them.
mac7mac Posted - October 21 2015 : 7:36:56 PM
+1 on the Spaulding CAP sights. Very fast acquisition for my old-guy eyes.
Olddog84 Posted - October 21 2015 : 07:26:51 AM
I have become a big fan of the Ameriglo CAP sights designed by Dave Spaulding and have them on all of my carry pistols.
Mike
billmc Posted - October 20 2015 : 8:19:12 PM
I like the Hex-Site from Goshen Enterprises. I belive Glock is one of the few pistols that don't need to be sent to have the sight fitted.
PJS Posted - October 20 2015 : 6:01:20 PM
I'm thinking of Vickers tactical plain rear with gold bead front sight- I am such a sucker for good advertisements!
wolfgang2000 Posted - October 20 2015 : 2:01:11 PM
I'm a fan of Mepro light true dot sights. All my Glocks have true dot sights.

Also welcome to the board.
Malcolm Posted - October 20 2015 : 11:48:49 AM
I have Tru-Glo tritium fiber optic sights (front and rear)on ALL my Glock pistols. Love them and have never looked back,(they are rugged) or, take gw's suggestion. Either way is a great way to go.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.47seconds. Snitz Forums 2000