Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 The 1911
 Reliability run with Remington R-1

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Arvinator Posted - January 29 2016 : 8:05:40 PM
Stainless non enhanced version, third run of mixing different brands brass and aluminum ball, jhp's from Remington 230 jhp to 15 year old Hydrashocks to 20 year old PMC 185 jhp's. All mixed up in the mags from a plastic coffee can.
Shot 78 rounds today, loaded up mags and did slow fire & fast shooting with ZERO problems.

About 200 rounds this way, all mixed to and it gobbles everything. Also have had several boxes of ball ammo when on the range for quals. While I admit I carry a Glock 9mm more often, this handgun has thus far been reliable.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pochis Posted - February 22 2016 : 10:50:51 AM
arv, sounds like a keeper, I just bought a Kimber custom11, can not wait to see what this gun will do, very tight fit.
Evan Posted - January 30 2016 : 10:33:40 AM
I've only ever owned one Colt Python. A 6" nickel that had been owned by a California Highway Patrolman. Got it for $300 with a box of Super Vel .357 jhp and a flap holster-he was a bike cop. I paid that in 2007 and no I didn't cheat anyone. Shortly after I got it my son, Mark, said, "you know, Joshua, would love to have one of his Poppa Marshall's guns." So, of course, it sits in Marks gun safe until Josh is old enough to own it.

My wife recently told me that she always felt safe with me and all our kids have guns and the ability to defend themselves. My gun safe used to be hard to close. Now, it holds 5 rifles and three handguns.
Pop Pop Posted - January 30 2016 : 07:50:59 AM
Arv, I just purchased a 1911-R1 blue, non enhanced for my own xmas present this year. Haven't had it out yet. Still can not shoot anything with recoil before spring. Still recovering from surgery. Thanks for your post on the 1911-R1. I can hardly wait to shoot the one I purchased.

Incidentally, I gave it to my 6 year old grandson, when I am through with it, because he was with me when I purchased it. I wrote his name on the case. Every time he comes in to visit, he needs to see it so I get it out of the safe. You should see the look on his face when he takes it out of the case.

We have shot 22lr pistols and rifles together in my back yard. He likes shooting.
Nanuk Posted - January 29 2016 : 8:20:00 PM
Any reason to doubt that it would be reliable?

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.12seconds. Snitz Forums 2000