Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 Glock 30 "S" Model

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
4949shooter Posted - November 10 2012 : 07:20:19 AM
I just read on Glocktalk that apparently the Glock 30S model is out. This is a Glock 36 slide mated to a Glock 30 frame (actually from the pics it appears to be an "SF" frame). You can check out the thread in the General Glocking forum over there for the pics, though I would like to see some pictures from the top and rear to get an idea on the width.

This is tempting for certain, but I think I would like to wait and see if there are any bugs to be worked out.
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
4949shooter Posted - October 16 2013 : 3:33:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Ten Driver

4949, I'm sorry to hear that.

This is just a hunch, but I am suspicious that slide velocity is the culprit. That lightweight slide is probably moving too darned fast for the magazine spring to push the next round up into position quickly enough. Because the timing is off, the round isn't getting picked normally up by the breechface on its return journey--it's too late to feed properly. This is why it's happening with the last round or two in the mag--because spring force in the mag is weakest at that time, and the rounds move more slowly into the "on deck" position, arriving there after the slide has already travelled too far forward for proper feeding.

This will probably require some tweaking of the recoil spring and magazine spring to get the timing balanced out. Seems like this is quickly becoming a trend item for Glock?

V/R
Mike

Thanks Ten D. Good point, it might be something to do with the slide velocity. The Glock 36 was notorious for feeding problems. Apparently Glock got the issues worked out for the most part with the 36. The 38S is a new animal.

Perhaps Evan is correct, and Glock is using us as Beta testers.
Ten Driver Posted - October 16 2013 : 01:11:43 AM
4949, I'm sorry to hear that.

This is just a hunch, but I am suspicious that slide velocity is the culprit. That lightweight slide is probably moving too darned fast for the magazine spring to push the next round up into position quickly enough. Because the timing is off, the round isn't getting picked normally up by the breechface on its return journey--it's too late to feed properly. This is why it's happening with the last round or two in the mag--because spring force in the mag is weakest at that time, and the rounds move more slowly into the "on deck" position, arriving there after the slide has already travelled too far forward for proper feeding.

This will probably require some tweaking of the recoil spring and magazine spring to get the timing balanced out. Seems like this is quickly becoming a trend item for Glock?

V/R
Mike
4949shooter Posted - October 15 2013 : 5:19:43 PM
Joe is having issues with his 30S again. The gun FTF's with the mags that came with the gun, even with the upgraded followers he had installed by a Glock armorer.

He tells me the gun works fine when fired using Glock 21 mags.

Go figure.
Evan Posted - October 15 2013 : 12:35:36 PM
I've always had problems with companies that build guns for cops and ccw and quietly, without informing you, make you a Beta tester.

People whose brains fester over how concealable their gun is, probably should not be allowed to carry one.

A bud who worked the decoy unit in my dept and was the 1st Second Chance save carried a 4" Model 29 and smacked his attacker three times with Win 240gr lubloy before the monster hit the ground.

Last Sunday I went to church. sang the songs, listened to and commented on the lessons and when I got home I hung up my sport coat, took my SIG P250, spare mag and light, Ruger LCR and a speed loader off and took a nap.
Malcolm Posted - October 14 2013 : 9:13:08 PM
Shot a friend's Glock 30S, this afternoon. Had three FTF in a row with different ammunition.While it WAS accurate, the juzzle flip was pronounced (too much so for me) and the FTFs' didn't help matters either.
4949shooter Posted - August 15 2013 : 07:04:06 AM
Well, Joe's 30S is fixed for the time being at least. He met with a Glock rep who replaced his magazine internals, and 200 rounds later the gun is functioning perfectly.

It seems they may have had a batch of weak mag springs come through. He also swapped out the followers for number "threes."
David Armstrong Posted - August 12 2013 : 12:24:43 PM
quote:
Originally posted by serialsolver

Did sis give up on their kimbers?

AFAIK, the Kimber's never really caught on. They were optional and according to what I have heard they were the least liked of the options, behind even the issue Glock 22.
4949shooter Posted - August 09 2013 : 8:40:45 PM
So....my buddy picked up his 30S. It is malfunctioning with a failure to feed the last round or two from the magazine. He is using Speer Gold Dot 230 grain, but I don't think it is the ammo. The malfunction occurs with more than one shooter, so it isn't shooter error.

He had replaced the magazine floor plates with ones from Pearce. After the malfunctions he took the gun home, cleaned it, and put the stock floor plates back on the mags. He is still getting the failure to feed the last round or two.
FORT CHAFFEE Posted - July 29 2013 : 09:48:03 AM
I was at a gun store and range Saturday and they had a 30 S. I didn't get to shoot it but i do like the gun. From what i was told the gun has been shoot a bunch (2k) with no problems. Also the connector was of the new type so the trigger was very good.
serialsolver Posted - July 25 2013 : 8:46:14 PM
Did sis give up on their kimbers?
4949shooter Posted - July 25 2013 : 4:51:37 PM
My buddy is picking one up. I am looking forward to trying it out on the range.
The Fuzz Posted - July 24 2013 : 01:48:49 AM
From what I read, it's suppose to be designed for the LAPD SIS. They wanted a thinner compact 45.
ber950 Posted - February 16 2013 : 12:08:45 PM
Its been a popular modification for years. Glock must have finally gotten enough (or large enough) requests for them to make it.
Ten Driver Posted - February 02 2013 : 2:04:16 PM
Oops, I just saw the "Does anyone here have" post in this subforum. My memory of the G36 is confirmed. Questionable reliability, at least in the earlier versions.

V/R
Mike
Ten Driver Posted - February 02 2013 : 2:02:32 PM
Saw it at SHOT Show this year.

Yawn.

The rumor at the show was that LAPD requested it. Supposedly, it will fit in a G19 holster, which was their motivation.

If I'm not mistaken, the G36 has had a rather checkered past, when it comes to reliability. I'm wondering if maybe that slide is a little too light for the .45 ACP? I would think there is a very delicate balance between the spring weight and the slide weight in that design. It will be interesting to see if the reliability issues carry over to the 30S.

V/R
Mike
Spectre Posted - February 01 2013 : 03:57:36 AM
The 36 slide is slimmer than the 30. Therefore you get a 45 pistol that is the same width in slide as a 19/23. It may not be exact but the 36 fits in my kydex 23 rigs.. Im not advocating the 30s is good or bad i see it as what it is marginally slimmer in the slide.
4949shooter Posted - November 10 2012 : 3:40:11 PM
Don't know, but quite a few people have been asking for it.
JohnS Posted - November 10 2012 : 1:45:44 PM
What would be the purpose? It's the same length and only marginally narrower.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.31seconds. Snitz Forums 2000