Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Pistol Palace
 S&W 469

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cyberhick Posted - April 04 2007 : 3:02:34 PM
Saw one the other day and i'm just curious about them. It was in good condition and was $275. Is this a good handgun?

cyberhick
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cyberhick Posted - April 20 2007 : 11:18:37 AM
Well, I went back and I ended up waiting too long and it was gone. I was actually looking at it for a buddy because he's begun the process to get a cpl and needs a weapon or 3. I have been looking at 59xx and 69xx police trade in's and I believe I will order one soon, just not sure which one. I'm going to have to find somewhere where I can shoot some of the models. Thanks for the info guys.

cyberhick
Bill D Posted - April 20 2007 : 01:23:45 AM
HadEmAll, Thanks for that info on the weight on the 469/669. Bill
fsilber Posted - April 18 2007 : 11:21:21 PM
It's funny. I've never shot one, but I've handled them at gun shows, and the grip feels just fine to me. But for some reason, the single-stack S&W pistols are the one's which don't seem to want to settle in my hands.
HadEmAll Posted - April 18 2007 : 01:15:53 AM
I had both a 469 and 669. Though the 669 has a stainless slide, the frame is alloy just like the 469. So essentially the same weight. Both perfectly reliable with the CCI Blazer 115 grn JHPs and Federal 9BPs I used back then.
Srigs Posted - April 12 2007 : 9:16:22 PM
Good price for a good gun. I have a 3rd gen 6946 version and works as a good medium sized carry gun.
Biggfoot44 Posted - April 11 2007 : 01:04:55 AM
Had a 469. The grip feel is problematical when handling, put actually feels beter when firing. FWIW the 469/669 had most of the accuracy enhancements that were later encorperated into 3rd gen guns. The right side saftey levers have a tendency to unscrew, and fall off, but will work fine without them.
So yes , it's decent gun, seems like good price.
GLV Posted - April 09 2007 : 8:03:24 PM
Malcolm, what was the time frame on the 'recall'?

I was a S&W dealer from 82 until I retired in 98 and do not remember a recall on the 469/669 series of guns. Thanks, George
cyberhick Posted - April 09 2007 : 12:42:21 PM
I called S&W and asked about it, the guy on the other line was clueless and just said becareful about the aluminum frame.
Malcolm Posted - April 09 2007 : 11:06:13 AM
Some of the 469's had a problem with frame cracking that was subject to a well-known factory recall.(Yep, I had one, and it cracked)
Then, I was only carrying Federal 9BP 115 JHP loads. I didn't think it should have cracked, however, Smith and Wesson, gave me a NEW 6904 frame with my old serial number rollmarked on it. I still have it, and it works just fine. It's very accurate and it still is effective.
Bill D Posted - April 09 2007 : 12:49:49 AM
I have a S&W 669, and for me the grip is fine, I just don't like the S&W first shot trigger pull. Nice gun. I wonder if the 469 is lighter then the stainless, would make it better. Nice gun. Bill
Chuck Posted - April 08 2007 : 10:19:01 AM
I've found the 2nd and 3rd Generation S&Ws across the board to be reliable, easy to work on, durable.
The price is decent, lower than some other guns due to the number of traded in S&Ws on the market.
An example would be that our guys were able to buy their old duty S&Ws back from the vendor we traded to for our new Glocks, price was $250 plus tax.
Don't let the price scare you if you want the gun.

Grip, feel, etc., is a highly individual taste.
TimM Posted - April 04 2007 : 8:03:33 PM
Carried a 669 on duty for many years. Never cared for the grip, however it always went bang. You could do worse.

Tim
MikeG Posted - April 04 2007 : 6:37:02 PM
Likewise. I had one ( a S&W 469) but could never warm up to it because of the way it felt in my hands. I traded it off.
JohnS Posted - April 04 2007 : 3:14:20 PM
I had a 669 -stainless version. It worked well but the grip felt like a 2x4.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.15seconds. Snitz Forums 2000