Forums
Commentary
H&S
About
StoppingPower.net Forums

StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
StoppingPower.net Forums
Forums Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Invite a friend
 All Forums
 Shooting
 Glocks
 X rounds= 25 cent trigger job?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Spell Checker

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I] Cheeky [:x)]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)] Speechless [:u]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)] Spin [88]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)] Loud [()]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?] Wink2 [;)]
Bugout [8~o] Kiss [xox] Love [xo] Grow [%] Cry [:-[)]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
alnico357 Posted - October 19 2016 : 10:48:54 PM
So is there a point where X rounds fired will smooth out your Glock like the 25 cent trigger job? I have about 6600 rounds fired but no plans for the trigger job. I use lithium grease on the connector, and on the pot of my Crybaby wah pedal.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
alnico357 Posted - April 26 2017 : 10:19:09 PM
My 2003 G22's trigger is good enough I guess. Ditto my new G43.
Jim Higginbotham Posted - February 08 2017 : 09:35:28 AM
I have not really done any testing but my most shot Glock has not gotten any better on the trigger.

I did however buy a new S&W M&P .45 when they came out and I sorted through the 9 samples that the store had and tested the triggers on a Lyman digital gauge (which I bought at the store).

The lightest one I could find was 8.5 lbs. I dry fired the thing 1000 times (I had not yet heard of "breach face failure" from dry firing striker fired guns) and tested it again. It dropped to 7.5 lbs but it stayed there for the rest of its life and remains there today.

Not a dig but Glocks are difficult to figure out. I put in a custom trigger for a friend a couple of weeks ago and it was supposed to give a 3.5 lb pull - it gave a 5.5 lb pull and we fiddled with a stronger trigger spring (the little coil spring in a standard Glock is not a "return spring" but it helps the trigger to pull a little by pulling backwards on the cruciform). You just never know until you test it. They are probably no worse than other striker fired guns in this respect.

Jim H.
esq_stu Posted - February 05 2017 : 10:33:24 AM
I did the "25 cent trigger job" last weekend and I have to say, I am very happy with it. I bought a spare trigger/bar with smooth trigger, polished the bar's contact points along with a polish job on the connector, the striker contact point, and the safety plunger. I put the polished parts on my Gen3 G17. Very happy with the result. Now I will start doing that to all of my Glocks before changing anything else from standard. I did order a Lone Wolf 3.5 lb connector to give it a try at the range. Just looking for more crisp/less creep. I read that other 3.5 connectors produce more mushy triggers.

Edited to add: yes I know I could have just shot the G17 a lot. But looking at the contact points that are polished with the 25 cent trigger job, I don't see the payback on the ammo/range time vs the 30 minutes or so at my kitchen table and THEN the range time with a better feeling trigger.
jdw174 Posted - October 28 2016 : 08:26:32 AM
I have a G19 that I performed the 25 cent work on. The end result was that the pull wasn't as "gritty" as when new, but no other changes. Advertised as a 5.5lb trigger on the box, mine pulled very close to 7#. I ended up swapping out for an aftermarket trigger that all but eliminated the take-up and reduced the pull to 4lb on my scale. It's a pleasure to shoot now.
TimM Posted - October 23 2016 : 9:57:02 PM
One of the guys I work with just bought a model 43 glock. Brand new, mine has about 3000 rounds through it. There was no difference in the triggers. Nothing lighter, nothing smoother. Just my take.

Tim
garrettwc Posted - October 21 2016 : 8:24:11 PM
If it hasn't gotten any smoother by this point, it probably won't without some help. Unlike a good revolver or a classic P-series Sig, the tolerances aren't tight enough for friction to smooth the action over time.

StoppingPower.net Forums © 2002-16 StoppingPower.net, Inc. Go To Top Of Page
Thispagewasgeneratedin0.11seconds. Snitz Forums 2000